Located at 210 Old Concord Road, consists of 1.7 acres and is closed for burials/historic. One of the city's oldest African-American cemeteries, Dixonville Cemetery was deeded to the City of Salisbury in 1874. There are at least 477 documented burials that have occurred at the Dixonville site since 1914, however it is believed that many burials took place at this location prior to the practice of official record-keeping. The oldest existing headstone in Dixonville Cemetery dates to 1851.
In 1874 Joseph Horah deeded a tract of land that established the first City-owned cemetery for the burial of African-Americans. In 1881, the Commissioners of Salisbury purchased a second acre of land from Joseph Horah and enlarged the cemetery.
Death certificates issued in the 1950’s reflect that the burying ground was also known as East End Cemetery. When it became Dixonville Cemetery is unknown. There are over 450 documented interments in Dixonville since 1914 with the oldest burial confirmed by a headstone dated 1851. There are approximately 28 remaining headstones located in the cemetery, but documented aerial photos show there were a lot more during the 1960’s.